Sunday, September 5, 2010

VOMITORY (USA)



As usual, Sundays are boring. Like, insanely boring. To kill time, I decided to look up Vomitory on Metal-Archives. Of course, I was referring to the well-known Swedish death metal band and I always thought they were the only band with the name. To my surprise, I saw a couple of bands with the name and I decided to click on the American one.

And I'm fucking glad I did!

This hidden gem, VOMITORY from Louisiana, only has two demos under their crusty belts which automatically makes them great. Death metal bands from the late-Eighties/early-Nineties are usually the most vicious at their demo stages and when a band only has demos, it's guaranteed to be good.

This southern death horde plays death metal the way it sounded like back then: doomy, brutal, morbid, etc. You know the drill by now (I hope). Anyway, enjoy these tracks!

No comments:

Post a Comment