Tuesday, February 23, 2010

VETERNUS



A lot of the new death metal bands coming out of Sweden are all great. No, really. I don't think I've encountered a single shitty death metal band from Sweden recently. However, these motherfuckers totally blew my mind. The reason consists of two words: Morbid and Angel.

Veternus probably listened to Morbid Angel a bit too much. Actually, who the hell am I kidding? There is never enough. "Morbid Destruction" even has the signature Trey whammy-bar-dive thing. Drummer P.Possessed definitely likes his blasts like Pete Sandoval.

I don't know what else to say. These guys are my new favorite death metal band. Get their demo tape at Detest Records now.

*****

Part 2 to Post Apocalyptic Inquisition coming soon. Blame these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment